DIY Natural Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
(or dark, if you prefer)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
(or your favorite nut butter)
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
NOTE: If I had a silicone mini-muffin pan, I definitely would have used it so I didn’t have to worry about muffin paper liners. When it comes to cooking and baking, I am all about simplification. Also, if you have issues with portion control, I recommend halving or quartering this addictive recipe!
Peanut butter cups have always been my favorite Halloween candy. The problem is, the popular name brand is incredibly processed and the packaging is wasteful. That's why I make my own cleaner, three-ingredient version that contains no dextrose, no added salt, no citric acid, no preservatives and no wasteful packaging. No tricks, just treats! – Lauren Rosenblum
- Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and melt them in the microwave for 2 minutes. Stir the chips gently, and let them sit for a minute or so. If the chocolate needs more melting, microwave again for 30 seconds. Be very careful not to overcook the chocolate.
- Spoon about a teaspoon sized portion of the chocolate into the middle of a muffin cup. Coat the chocolate up the edges of the muffin cup with the back of the spoon so that the entire inside is covered in chocolate. Repeat with the remaining muffin cups and then put the whole muffin tin in the refrigerator for about an hour so that the chocolate hardens.
- Combine the peanut butter and powdered sugar in a medium bowl and mix well.
- When the chocolate in the muffin cups has hardened, microwave the peanut butter mixture for 1 minute. This will soften up the peanut butter so it easily flows into the cups.
- Spoon a small portion of peanut butter into each of the chocolate-coated cups.
- Re-melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Use a teaspoon to spread a layer of chocolate over the top of each candy.
- Put them in the refrigerator once more for yet another hour so they can harden.
Related RecipesGluten-Free, Casein-Free Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crust
Honey Crunch Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Nut Drop Cookies
Eggless Cookie Dough